Power, authority and collaborative leadership
Stronger collaborative leadership is fundamental to achieving progress and innovation. Collaboration seems so simple, yet is too often elusive. Disinterest, competing agendas and turf wars disrupt the opportunity to collaboratively create complex responses for complex problems.
This one day highly interactive workshop will use your own experiences of collaboration to create a shared perspective on its challenges and opportunities. It will explore the dynamics of how leaders use their power and authority to understand why some groups achieve remarkable progress when they work together, and others don’t. It will give you the opportunity to prime yourself to be a more effective collaborator and to make a more focused contribution to your organisation’s priorities.
- Clarity about the critical success factors for collaboration.
- A fresh perspective of the dynamics of power, and how to use it to create shared outcomes.
- Tactics for increasing your personal authority in complex group dynamics.
- Priming for success in your next collaborative interaction.
- An action plan for increasing your collaborative power.
Character of the program
- A strong, practical “how to” focus.
- Highly interactive learning environment informed by participants’ own experiences.
- Behavioural tips based on the latest evidence on power and collaboration.
- An accountability frame that engages you in translating learning back to your work.
Once upon a collaboration
- Participants’ experiences of collaboration
- Shared perspectives on what works and doesn’t
- Implications for your sphere of interaction
Secret powers of peer collaboration
- How peer influence works
- The subtle art of influencing
We’ve got the power
- Understanding the dynamics of power
- Resisting power plays
- How to achieve collective intelligence
The unbearable lightness of influence
- Deceptively simple ways to influence others for good
- Prime yourself to be an ideal collaborator